Monday, August 30, 2010

Retro dress

Baby girl's dress from a vintage Butterick pattern

I made this dress for Bunny today. The pattern is a vintage from the 60's (maybe 70's?).
  1. it was a lot of work for a very generic looking dress. it wasn't suppose to be, it was suppose to look cool and retro! next time i'll pick a cooler fabric.
  2. it reminds me of "little orphan annie"
  3. corduroy was a good choice, it's a very forgiving fabric since you can't really see the stitches all that well.
  4. the sleeve was the most challenging, but fun part.
  5. learned that my sewing machine can do ruffles, I wish i knew that before i ordered the ruffler foot.
  6. not sure if Bunny will fit in it, measurement seems ok, but the zipper doesn't allow enough space to move around and that's even after I bought an inch bigger zipper than the recommended.
  7. definitely can not wear this out in public.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...