Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Jill.e Designs Small Leather Camera Bag

I've had my DSLR camera(s) for what, two years? And I finally, finally, got myself a camera bag. Two years ago when I first contemplated getting one, I was set on a "functional" bag, one that I can carry on my back, one that hubs won't mind slinging around. Of course, this was when the Boy was a baby and we were carrying A LOT of things around with us, stroller, diaper bags, cart liner, A LOT of things.

Fast forward two years later, yes, I have a new baby, but I've also chilled a lot and I realized I don't need to carry all those fandangled baby things any more. Really? Do we need to carry the table liners? Can't I just use the little paper place mats they give you at the restaurant?

I'm also demanding little bit of myself back. With the first child my all was the baby. I was on baby high and I never felt fatigue, even if I did, I embraced it. But now I'm slowing down. I miss my old self who used to have time to do things just because it was fun, it didn't have to be meaningful, I did it just because I could.

So two years later when it was time to decide on a camera bag I decided I wanted something stylish and it was OK if hubs didn't want to carry it. I take most of the pictures anyway. I saw the Jill-e camera bag on Amazon.com and the reviews were pretty good. I debated with myself if it was really worth the money... and I even saw the same bag listed on Craigslist, but it was too far for pickup and in the end I ended up buying it.

So far I like it. The small pouch is not plain white as it's shown in the ad picture, and I do see that there are some parts that seems little "cheap" but overall, the padding is good, fits equipments pretty well:
  • 1 Nikon D200 with short lens
  • 1 Nikon D80 with long lens
  • SB600 with diffuser
  • battery charger
  • small pouch with memory cards and extra batteries
  • shoulder strap 
Jill-e Designs Small Leather Camera Bag (Black)
Some parts look "cheap". You can see the rough white thread finishing around the zipper.
Able to fit: 1 Nikon D200 with short lens, 1 Nikon D80 with long lens, SB600 with diffuser, battery charger, small pouch with memory cards and extra batteries, and shoulder strap
Small pouch not plain white as depicted in the sale picture.
Pockets for miscellaneous things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...