Friday, March 18, 2011

Hours and Hours of Stupid Fun

Early this week I finally got my first smart phone and I've been having too much fun! So being the nerd that I am I made a list early on of all the apps I would want to have; some of them I've installed and some of them I've scrapped.

For one, I did not install Wolfram|Alpha app when I learned that it was not free. I'm sorry Wolfram, I want you, but I like free better. I also installed Google Sky Map (AWESOME!) and Out of Milk, Coupons, Amazon, Google Shopper, CPR-Choking and Yellowbook. Yeah, I like to shop. A lot.

I feel ya Mooch. This is so me when I forget my coupons. (from Mutts by Patrick McDonnell)

My new phone also has SWYPE. It's so awesome, when I first got info of it, I just KNEW this was the smart way to type on a mobile device and trying it confirms that it IS the best way to type. No shifting, no opening new menus, it's smart and it works!

Picture of Amazon Remembers, a part of Amazon app, in action. I took a picture of ONE Skittles and it found a match for me. It also found a match for my generic looking coffee mug and a similar looking Pooh toy.

While I was away from the blog I also finished my third strawberry hat. The first two hats I gave away because it was too small for my kids. Since I gave them away Colin has been missing it badly and has been asking me for it and when I started knitting one for him, he was sooooo happy! Everytime he saw me knitting he asked if it was for him and if I'm done making it. I also finished the neckwarmer for Caitlin (I didn't want to make a scarf because I always fear that kids will get tangled up and hurt themselves at the playground) that I started a month ago and started on a bear earflap hat. Why another hat? Because I can and because I always wanted to try making a earflap hat.

Some random photos:

Finally found my dream butter dish. I've been holding off on buying a butter dish so I can find the perfect butter dish and I found it! It's $110 at The Nest Egg.
I am very sorry about the crisis in Japan... Verizon is allowing free calls to Japan through 4/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...