Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"Thick Envelope"

Boy receives his first "thick envelope".
We found out that the Boy has been accepted to the new preschool yesterday. He received his first "thick envelope" (literally, it had a handbook in it) and I literally did the happy dance when I realized what it meant.

I don't know why I'm so happy about this. It wasn't like this was some prestigious school or anything. Maybe it was because what I saw in the school seemed so much better than his current school and I really wanted for this to be his new educational environment. Or maybe I was secretly very pleased that he is "acceptable" (after all, the school demands all applicants to submit a picture).

But as I type this I feel a little pang of sadness for him leaving his current school. I talk about it to people, "Well, the current school just doesn't focus too much on education as the new school, oh, and it's so unorganized compared to the new school. It's good for socializing, but not for learning." I feel sad, because it's still a good school and I shouldn't put it down like that. The teachers there love the Boy and they put up with his rowdiness and taught his little 2 1/2 year old brain to get used to school, to play nicely with other kids, to celebrate birthdays and holidays together. So why am I enrolling him to a new school...

I console my guilt ridden heart by repetitively saying to myself, "It's not like he'll have the same teacher again next year." And he won't and that's what got us rolling on looking for new school for him in the first place. Hopefully it was a good decision...

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! So did you submit the photo w/ his pouty face??? I would've accepted him in a heartbeat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I wish we had. We didn't even consider that when we were scrummaging for pictures (most of our pictures are digital).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...