Friday, March 4, 2011

The Quiet Book by Deborah Underwood

The Quiet Book, by Deborah Underwood, illustrated by Renata Liwska
My favorite quiet? The "Trying not to hiccup quiet"!
Colin learned to talk fast. I distinctively remember at the age of 9 months on Christmas 2008, Colin repeated back in pitch and rhythm the Korean version of pat-a-cake, "sae-sae-sae." He HAS NOT STOPPED TALKING since then. Literally. He talks and sings ALL DAY.

So one summer day I was browsing Amazon.com for some new books and a book titled "The Quiet Book" was recommended to me. I took a look inside and it was so meaningful to a mom who just wanted a minute of silence! The book thoughtfully describes all the different quiet one can experience.

The illustration is so beautiful and I love all the little details; the subtle introduction of the new character, and the little surprise under the dust jacket (hint hint).

I can't say nothing but good things about this book, but I'm sorry to say that this book is too quiet for the very excitable Boy. I would still recommend that you check it out though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...